Winter Events to Check out in AZ
Holiday season is upon us! If you’re looking for some fun things to do this December, look no further. From festive light displays to puppet shows, there’s something for everyone on this list. So put on your coziest sweater, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and get ready to have some fun!
1. Christmas at the Scottsdale Prince: Go ice skating & catch colorful light shows in the Enchanted Plaza. Enjoy kid-friendly actives and entertainment.
2. Winter Wonderland at Desert Ridge Marketplace: This annual event features a 300-foot ice skating rink, real snowfall, and visits from Santa. It’s the perfect place to take the family for a day of holiday fun!
3. Mesa Arts Center Holiday Festival: Shop for unique gifts from over 100 local and national artists, enjoy live entertainment, and partake in holiday-themed activities for the kids.
4. Glendale Glitters: This award-winning holiday light display is one of the largest in Arizona. With over 1.5 million lights, it’s sure to get you into the holiday spirit!
5. Chandler Dance Festival: This three-day festival features performances by local dance companies, master classes, and workshops. It’s a great opportunity to support the arts and enjoy some amazing performances.
6.”A Charlie Brown Christmas” at Arizona Puppet Theater: This classic holiday tale comes to life with handcrafted puppets and original music. It’s a must-see for fans of all ages!
7.Christmas Town at Rawhide Western Town: Step back in time and enjoy an Old West Christmas complete with cowboy carolers, gunfight reenactments, and more. There’s even a visit from Santa on his trusty steed!
8.Snow Week at Cactus Park: Sled down a giant snow hill, build a snowman, go ice skating, and more at this winter wonderland in the desert.
9. Wilderness Wednesdays at Phoenix Zoo: Enjoy half-price admission every Wednesday in December as you learn about the importance of wildlife conservation. The zoo also offers special rates for groups of 15 or more people who schedule their visit in advance.
10.”The show” at talking Stick Resort Arena: This annual event features world-renowned magicians, acrobats, and illusionists who come together to put on an unforgettable show. Tickets start at just $25!
11.”The Polar Express” Movie Night at Orpheum Theatre: relive your childhood with this classic holiday movie about a boy who takes a magical train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. Tickets are just $5 per person!
12.”The Nutcracker” at Symphony Hall: Tchaikovsky’s classic ballet comes to life with stunning sets and costumes, live music from the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra, and world-renowned dancers from Ballet Arizona. Tickets start at $25 per person.
13.”White Christmas” Sing-a-Long at Pollack Tempe Cinema: Belt out your favorite holiday tunes during this sing-a-long screening of the 1954 classic film “White Christmas.” Admission is just $5 per person!
Don’t let the warm weather fool you—holiday season is officially here! If you’re looking for some festive fun this December, be sure to check out one (or all!) of these events happening around Scottsdale and Phoenix. From light displays to puppet shows, there’s something for everyone on this list. So get cozy, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and get ready to celebrate the season!